Best Wall Mounted Toilets: A Definitive Guide
Toilets are some products we all have to use every day in our lives. But many people in the US have not had the chance to use the wall mounted toilets, mainly because they are not common here.
As a plumber, I have had to work with toilets ever since I was a little boy. My father and grandfather were both plumbers, and I feel like I was always destined to enter this line of work. I think it is this dedication that earned me the Best County Plumber award. That aside, I have been able to learn about different toilet models through my experience.
Since wall hung toilets are only starting to become popular in the country, you may not be certain about what you should look for. Some factors are unnecessarily emphasized, and others are severely understated. My goal in this article is to give you a conclusive guide for the best wall mounted toilets.
It is worth noting that these products can be quite expensive, meaning you can’t afford to go wrong even for the first time. The cheapest models will still set you back a considerable amount of money.
The Five Best Wall Hung Toilets Reviewed
Before we look at the factors to consider when selecting a floating toilet, I will quickly go over the five models, which I find the best in their category. Hope, my wall hung toilet reviews will help you pick the right one.
Toto CT418FGNo.01 Aquia – Best Wall-Hung Dual-Flush Toilet
Toto is one of the best-known toilet manufacturers in the world. The company’s products typically cost more than those of its competitors, but this is because they generally manufacture higher-quality products. The Toto CT418FGNo.01 are the best wall hung toilets overall.
- It has a special SanaGloss ceramic glaze sanitary coating that ensures that the toilet stays clean. The coating prevents debris and mold from sticking to the surface of the toilet.
- It has a dual flushing system that is quite powerful.
- It has a neat and ultra-modern design which will make your bathroom look a lot cleaner.
- It weighs 66.5 pounds, meaning it can be carried fairly easily.
- It is small, and this helps to make your bathroom look more spacious. It is the best compact toilet for a small bathroom.
- It offers easy accessibility since the toilet does not touch the floor. A mop can easily reach the back area and bottom of the toilet.
Swiss Madison Ivy SM-WT450 Wall Hung Toilet
Swiss Madison has some of the best toilet designs on the market. The brand is dedicated to creating individualized toilets for their customers. They have a toilet design for all types of customers, including those who like classic and mid-century designs.
- It is adjustable and suits people of different heights. The maximum height it can reach is 19 inches.
- It has a dual flush system that flushes at a performance of 0.8/ 1.28 gallons per flush.
- It is made with a porcelain one-piece seamless design.
- It weighs 48 pounds and has dimensions of 20.5 inches by 14.6 inches by 12 inches.
- It has a glossy white and modern design.
KOHLER K-6299-0- Best Elongated Wall Hung Toilet for People Who Value Comfort
Kohler was founded in 1873 and has managed to maintain a large customer base to date. I have worked with many of their plumbing products and can confidently say that they have a keen focus on quality. They currently have an array of ultra-modern toilets, and the K-6299-0 is one of them.
- This Kohler toilet has an elongated design which offers a high level of comfort.
- It measures 15.13 inches by 13 inches by 21 inches and is quite compact. It can fit in the smallest bathrooms.
- The in-wall tank and carrier system of the toilet are hidden entirely, meaning you will not struggle when cleaning it. This design also creates a seamless look.
- It offers installation flexibility. You can set it anywhere from about 15 inches to about 28 inches from the floor.
- It has very few curves, so cleaning is a breeze.
Swiss Madison SM-WT455
The Swiss Madison brand has been dedicated to creating the most innovative toilet models. The Swiss Madison SM-WT455 is another great wall hung toilet with an excellent design. It comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty and 90-day return policy, meaning it is ideal for the risk-averse.
- It has a dual flush system that has a performance of 0.8/1.6 gallons per flush.
- It does not have any hidden crevices or protruding parts, meaning cleaning is easy. The inside of the bowl also has a gentle slope, which further makes it easy to clean it.
- The carrier tank is completely concealed, and this design offers simple access to the plumbing system.
- It comes with a Slymm quick-release seat.
- It can be used with all carrier brands.
Duravit 2226090092- Best Wall Mounted Toilet for Easy Cleaning
Duravit is one of the oldest manufacturers of bathroom fittings in the world. It is famous for having employed prominent designers. Duravit 2226090092 is manufactured in Germany.
- It has an elongated design with less of a crevice around the bottom. This makes it easier for you to get a brush into the bowl.
- It has a length of 21 inches and a width of 33 inches. This means it is compact enough to save space in the bathroom.
- The height can be adjusted from the standard 15 inches to the ADA-compliant seat height of 17 inches to 20 inches.
- It comes with a special WonderGliss coating that keeps the toilet clean. This finish is extra-smooth, meaning dirt will not easily stick to its surface.
- The dual flush system is optional in this model. This system can help to prevent dirt from sticking to the inside surface of the toilet.
Buyer’s Guide to Choose the Best Wall Mounted Toilet
Wall-mounted toilets are quite common in Europe, but they have only started to gain popularity in the USA. The unique appearance is what appeals to users. The floating toilet can easily save a few feet in your bathroom. I love the fact that this design makes the cleaning process very simple. You can easily access the bottom spaces and back of the toilet with a mop. It is also worth noting that the wall hung toilets are designed to conceal all their attachments. The only exposed part is the bowl. This means you can clean everything with ease.
The wall mounted are designed to accommodate different heights. This means you can customize them to fit your height.
The main reason why people choose to install such toilets is the desire for a stylish look. These toilets are designed to emit a sense of sophistication and quickly remind you of expensive five-star hotels.
Things to Consider When Shopping for a Wall Mounted Toilet
Wall mounted toilets come in different designs and are made by many manufacturers. But how can you decide which one you should go for? Consider the factors listed below.
What Is The Cost of Wall-Hung Toilets?
Wall hung toilets used to be very expensive, which is why they are associated with five-star hotels and other high-class places. The prices have gone down with the improvement in manufacturing technology. Still, you can expect the high-end manufacturers to price their products expensively.
The prices will usually reflect the quality and reliability of the toilet seats, and guarantees, warranties usually back the most expensive ones and return policies. The prices can also be high because of the features included. If you don’t necessarily need the ground-breaking features, you can go for a basic model and save some money.
When deciding on your budget, you should also factor in the installation costs. If you are able to follow instructions well, you can install the toilet on your own. But this can be risky, particularly because it requires you to install the attachments in the wall. Without professional help, you might end up breaking the wall along with your toilet. For more safety, you can set aside a specific amount of money for professional installation.
What Is The Size of Wall Mounted Toilets?
It is important to check the dimensions of a wall hung toilet. For instance, if you are buying a toilet for small bathrooms, you should check the smallest wall-mounted toilets on the market. The dimensions of the toilets are usually mentioned in the descriptions, so you should not have a hard time finding one which fits your bathroom well.
You will also need to check the height of the toilet. This factor will affect the usability and comfort of the toilet. Ideally, you should go for a toilet that has an adjustable height.
What Brand to Look For?
There are many wall hung toilet manufacturers in the world, but you should generally buy from the oldest and most reputable brands (Kohler, Toto). It is hard to go wrong with such companies since they have been tested by many people over the years. Newer companies that don’t have an extensive track record may not be very keen on manufacturing high-quality products. You will also appreciate the guarantees offered by older and more successful brands. Though some newer brands like Swiss Madison strive to provide the best quality to appear on the customers’ radar.
The wall hung toilets may come with many high tech features. For example, they can have lids that open and close automatically. Others come with illuminated bowls to make it easier for you to clean the toilet. You can also get some that flush themselves once you are done with the toilet. You can easily upgrade your wall hung toilet with a bidet attachment for even more comfort.
But it is worth noting that the toilets with the best features are also the most expensive to buy and maintain. You are likely to spend some money on repairs if some of the features stop working. If you are on a budget, you should go for the basic floating toilets.
Warranties and Return Policies
Ideally, your pick should be covered by a warranty that runs for a minimum of one year. This warranty is especially important if you go for a high-tech toilet. This is because the repairs can be very expensive.
Some companies will only allow you to return the product for a refund, and this is also okay. You should make sure the return policy lasts for at least 90 days. It is also important to go through the terms of the policy since some will have conditions that are almost impossible to fulfill.
It is also essential to consider the impact your toilet has on your water bill. The dual flush system was developed to reduce the wastage of water in the toilet, and today, it is available on the most toilets. Still, some systems work better than others. You can go through my wall mounted toilet reviews once again to determine the most efficient flushing systems available.
Round vs. Elongated
This is one of the key features you should check when shopping for a wall mounted toilet. An elongated toilet may take up a little more space, but this design comes with many advantages. First, it is a lot easier to clean and use. The design is also more elegant and modern. The problem with elongated toilet designs is that they may be more expensive than the round ones.
Round toilets have a more traditional look, but even though they fit well in small spaces, they are usually not preferred by clients I’ve worked with.
Wall mounted toilets are made of different materials. The most common materials are porcelain and Vitreous China, but you can still get some toilets that are made of ceramic. I would say that there is no material that can beat porcelain in the making of toilets, and there won’t be for a long time. Porcelain is durable and reliable. Besides the construction materials, you should also check the coating. The ideal coating should provide cleaner flushing and should not allow dirt to stick on it easily. This will make it more pleasant to use the toilet and will reduce the wastage of water.
Final Notes on Finding Your Ideal Wall Mounted Toilet
Buying a wall mounted toilet should not be a complicated task. You should start by looking at the designs of the toilets. Is the toilet round and narrow, or elongated? What is it made of? Does the lid make a lot of noise when it closes?
You also need to check its price and warranty. Expensive models should always be covered by a lengthy warranty and a reasonable return policy. Otherwise, you may end up getting stuck with regular and pricey repairs.
You should also check the available features. Some of these features include self-flushing and automatic opening and closing of the lid. You can check how well the dual flushing system works.
I would say that my favorite toilet on this list is the Toto CT418FGNo.01. These wall hung toilets are made by a reputable company, are easy to clean, and have an excellent design. Which one do you like best? And which features do you think are essential for a wall mounted toilet? Leave a comment below.