Best One-Piece Toilet: Top 7 Rate and Tips for the Right Choice
Have you ever considered the amount of time we spend in bathrooms? It is the best place to be alone, read a magazine, or win six more levels in the Candy Crush. That is why I think that the most comfortable thing there must be a toilet. It should have not only ideal seating but also pleasant to touch material, clogless flushing system, and time-saving cleaning options.
All the above-mentioned characteristics suite one-piece comfort height toilets. So here I collect 7 best single piece toilets from American and foreign companies.
For each product, you will find short brand information, description, advantages, and disadvantages. Also, I collected all the useful tips on how to make the best choice of the toilet. Take your time and choose correctly.
Top 7 Single Piece Toilets
I have chosen the best single piece toilets with effective flushing systems. This rate presents products from different price ranges and focuses on the items` material and water-saving options.
TOTO UltraMax II — The Best One-Piece Toilet
The UltraMax II has all the newest updates of the Toto. Toto is a company worldwide known for its bathroom equipment. It was found in 1917 by Kazuchika Okura in Japan. The Toto’s products are based on the Japanese pottery and porcelain heritage, that’s why the products are so durable and pleasant to look at. Their main goal is to create environment-friendly, well-designed tools to make daily routine comfortable.
The UltraMax II is an elongated easy-to-install toilet. It is made of vitreous china and covered with Toto’s patented SanaGloss glaze. So, the material is smooth, protected from bacteria and scratches. The cleaning process takes minimal chemicals and water.
Another innovation is a Tornado Flush system. One flush uses 1.28 gallons of water and spins it into a powerful centrifugal stream that effectively cleans the bowl. This updated system helps to avoid clogs.
If you are looking for a comfortable seat, the UltraMax may be the right decision. It has a suitable to all body-types seat, designed with a hinge mechanism that closes softly and quietly.
The manufacturer offers 6 different colors for this item. The flusher in the form of a wave sets on the left upper side.
Kohler Santa Rosa — A Proper One-Piece Elongated Toilet
Kohler is one of the oldest companies in the USA. It started to produce bathroom items in 1883; thus, it is a time tested company with high-quality products.
The Kohler 3810-0 Santa Rosa is an elongated toilet with a comfortable height. Its dimensions are 31 x 20.75 x 29 inches. In some old houses, the tube section may be unmovable, so make proper measurements before ordering; otherwise, you’ll be surprised on the installation phase.
Due to the one-piece design, it is elementary to install Santa Rosa, but it is always better to address the professionals. The Kohler 3810-0 is made from white china. Thanks to the material and color, it suits any bathroom design.
Flushing technology is a new generation type called AquaPiston. The 1.28 gallons of water flow 360 degrees (from all sides of the bowl); such engineering increases the effectiveness. Also, flushing doesn’t make extra noise.
American Standard Champion-4 — A Popular Elongated One-Piece Toilet
American Standard company is a leader in manufacturing plumbing and building products, especially in North America. The statistics say that three out of five homes in the USA have American Standard goods. I will not deny it as the company produces stylish sinks, faucets, and a lot of other products for bathroom and kitchen.
The Champion model line includes a single-piece and two-piece toilets. The single-piece type has an elongated seat.
The Champion-4 is made of porcelain, so it’s a reliable and durable model. The proportions are 29.75 x 17.75 x 29.5 inches, but the weight is 119 pounds. Carrying the Champion-4 by oneself might be challenging, so I advise to call for professional help.
The inside and outside cover made from an EverClean. It is a mirror-like antimicrobial surface that prevents stains, mildew, and odor.
The flushing system consumes 1.6 gallons per flush. Meanwhile, it is strong enough to wash down a bucket of golf balls, as an independent test has shown. So the system is 70 % better than the common standard.
WOODBRIDGE T-0019 — A Dual Flush One-Piece Toilet
WoodBridge was established in Cerritos, California, in 2005. It is a bathroom and kitchen manufacturing company. The main trait in sanitary engineering design is the evenness.
The T-0019 model has neither grooves nor corners. It is compact and easy to clean.
This white porcelain device has an elongated bowl. The parameters are 31 x 18 x 28 inches. It is one of the heavyweights in my rate – 152 pounds. I strongly recommend to install it not alone, but with 2 more helpers.
T-0019 is a dual flush toilet. It means that there are two options, whether you use 1 or 1.6 gallons per flush. It helps to save up to 6500 gallons of water per year.
The flushed water doesn’t cover the entire bowl. There are several untouched spots on the back. Nevertheless, it is easy to clean with a toilet brush.
It has a rectangle button on the top of the tank. The button is silver-colored and divided into two parts responsible for a different amount of water. On the one hand, you don’t need to worry that the button will drop off. On the other hand, users complain about cheap material, and the silver cover is worn away fast.
Kohler 3810-NY Santa Rosa — A Stylish Low Boy Toilet
It is one more Kohler product of the line Santa Rosa. It has a simple but trendy design. The main difference from the abovementioned model is color. 3810-NY features a softer, warmer shade. It reminds of a tender mixture of sandy and creamy colors. It is called a dune. I suppose it will suit the bathroom full of gentle yellow light or if the windows are on the sunny side.
This toilet is also made of china. Its dimensions are 27-3/4 inches by 18-3/4 inches by 28-3/16 inches.
One more prominent feature of Santa Rosa is its bowl and tank design. It is space-saving, so it suits even the smallest bathroom. Thanks to smooth form, it is easy to clean. It also saves time on cleaning.
The item works with the AquaPiston flushing system, which streams water from all bowl upper sides.
The handle is placed on the left upper side. It reminds of a silver arrow, and thanks to the form, it is easy to push evenly.
Toto Neorest 700H — A Modern One Piece Toilet
Among all the top-rated one-piece toilets, this is the best premium-class model. Toto company always keeps an eye on the latest innovations and implements them in the products. The 700H is a selection of the latest updates that were developed to simplify our life.
It starts to work while you are approaching the toilet. A SoftClose seat in the elongated bowl opens and closes automatically, and, if you are a nightwalker, it illuminates the way in the dark with gentle blue light.
The toilet has a stylish remote control that could be placed near it on the wall. It provides settings for such features and functions:
- Flush options;
- Water stream settings;
- Cleaning features;
- Temperature settings;
- Temperature control of the seat;
- Air deodorizer;
- Air dryer.
The Neorest 700H proportions are 32.5 x 15.5 x 21.5 inches. It is made of the cotton-white ceramics with SanaGloss (protection from small damages). The tornado flush system prevents clogs and even electrolysis of the water; in this way, it cleans the surface without chemicals.
It is the best water saver with a dual flush system. The 700H uses 1.0 and 0.8 gallons per day, which saves almost 11.5 gallons of water per day.
WoodBridge T-0001 — An Affordable One Piece Elongated Toilet
This white ceramic product of the WoodBridge also comes from California.
In contrast with the T-0019, the T-0001 is small (28.5 x 14.5 x 27.5 inches) and light (119 pounds). It is designed to fit into small bathrooms. The elongated bowl is smoothly connected to the tank, so the construction has no unreachable angles.
The T-0001 has a dual flush system for 1.0 and 1.6 gallons per flush. This system is engineered to prevent clogs and leaks due to the power and accuracy of the water streams. It is super quiet, so the noise won’t bother you at all. The 2 flushing buttons are placed on the top, as in the T-0019 model.
The delivery kit includes a pre-installed seat with a soft closing mechanism on a stainless steel hinge. It makes the seat silent during the closing, durable, and easy to remove for cleaning.
Buyer’s Guide and FAQ
The one-piece toilet is a sanitation facility that is made as a solid unit. It means that the water tank, bowl, and base leg are united and made of the same material. The single piece toilets are aesthetically attractive, but it is not the only pros of such type.
The advantages are:
- Space-saving. The majority of the models have compact parameters and may be installed even in the tiny bathrooms.
- Water-saving. The average amount of water in the tank is 1.6 gallons. But more modes come with even less water-use options. It helps to reduce wasted resources.
- Easy to clean. The solid construction has no unreachable corners or joints and no hiding place for dirt. You don’t need to look for special narrow cleaning devices, the common cleaning cloth with soap water is enough for proper cleaning. Meanwhile, if you wipe the toilet with the microfiber cloth regularly, it will need a wet-cleaning once a season.
- Easy to install. The construction is already completed. You just need to connect it to your house plumbing system.
- Leakless. Due to the solid construction, there are no unnecessary junctures and holes.
- Scratchless. Almost all modern models have an extra covering layer that prevents small damage and spots that may cause the scratches.
- Durable. Thanks to the design, material, proportions, the single-piece toilets tend to work longer than other types.
All these pros are included in the products of such brands:
- American Standard;
You are already acquainted with products of the top 4 best companies on the list. I can assure you that quality in American products is as high as in Japanese. The main difference is in the design and additional supplies such as anti-spot cover, intensified flushing system, and included technologies.
Toto items make you feel like in a sci-fi reality; meanwhile, they are bringing future to the present and changing your attitude to comfort.
Despite the strong recommendations to call special services for installation, 40% of buyers try to tame the water and technologies by themselves. Therefore, here I provide a step by stem home installation plan. Use it when you are sure that you can deal with plumbing without professionals.
- Turn off the water supply. In most cases, there are two valves (red and blue). I advise to close both, especially if you haven’t installed them, to be 100% sure.
- Remove the old toilet. If you want to make the removal spectacular and memorable, use a sledgehammer. The process may be messy, but you’ll definitely feel relief.
- Pull off the old wax ring. It prevents leaking, so, even if the previous version looks like never-used, get rid of it. The ring may have microscopic scratches, shape deformations, or mildew.
- Clean the floor and the base area. As far as you will put the new toilet for several years, this is your only chance to check the base, pay extra attention, and clean up all the water spills.
- Find the closet bolts and slots for them in the toilet leg. Check out the position and screw the bolts into the flange channel. If there are no slots in the toilet base – make them with a driller.
- Pull up the new wax ring onto the bottom of the leg. Ensure that it is placed tightly to the walls.
- Place the toilet gently on the prepared area. Fix the construction with the closet bolts, firmly close the bowl caps.
- Connect the water supply line to the tank by hand. The length of the line depends on the toilet model.
- Install the toilet seat and flush handle if it is not set up. Check the seat instruction, because installation varies according to the model.
- Turn on the water supply and check the line on leaks.
- Wait till the tank fills up. Control the water level according to the model’s characteristics.
- Open the tank’s lid and flush the water. Inspect whether all parts of the flushing system are working and whether there are no leaks.
If this list seems complicated, don’t risk and call the professional.
How to Choose the Right One-Piece Toilet for Your Bathroom?
To choose the appropriate one-piece toilet, you should follow several steps:
- Find out a rough-in dimension. It is a distance between a wall and the flange bolts. The most common is 12 inches, but it may vary from 10 to 14 inches. Thus don’t forget to measure it.
- Choose a bowl height. The bowl height is a distance from the bowl’s top without a seat to the floor. There are several types of height; for example, 15 inches stand for the Standard, 17 inches define the Comfort, 16-18 inches – the ADA, 10-14 inches are for Child & Juvenile height. The higher the bowl – the easier it is to get on and off. That is why added height is so popular among the elderly.
- Decide what bowl shape do you want. There are 3 types of bowl shape-round, elongated, and a special option for the order. Make a decision relying on your bathroom size and design.
- Explore the flushing types. You may find the gravity-fed type that flushes under the weight of the water in the tank; the pressure-assist – it presses the water with compressed air; the vacuum-assist – it creates a low-leveled vacuum that triggers the flushing process.
- Select the color. The majority of companies offer a big pallet of colors and shades. I advise you to decide on the color temperature suitable for your bathroom design. It will help you to limit the variants at least to 3.
- Pay attention to a handle place. It might seem like a silly point, but you will remember me when your handle will scratch the wall, or it will be on the right side while you are left-handed. There are 5 variants of the handle placement: left side, left front, top push button, right front, and right side. So, imagine using it before choosing the option.
Related Post: Best Wall-Mounted Toilets Reviewed
Which Is Better One-Piece Toilet or Two-Piece Toilet?
It depends on your budget and the needed dimensions. The two piece toilet is more popular because it is cheaper. As far as the tank and the bowl are separated, it is lighter to carry and less bulky. It has a taller water tank.
On the contrary, the joining area is a paradise for bacteria, grime, and dirt. It takes a lot of time to clean that area. Also, you should pay attention to the tightness of the junction to control possible leaking.
I like a one-piece toilet more because it has a seamless design. Nevertheless, it doesn’t mean that a two-piece toilet isn’t good.
Which Is Better Round or Elongated One Piece Toilet?
The round-front bowl is smaller, thus, ideal for a compact bathroom. The elongated bowl is approximately 2 inches more. I favor the elongated bowl because it is more comfortable for adults and suits any body-type.
Nevertheless, there may be problems if you have a small bathroom. Measure it twice before ordering the elongated bowl toilet, because an excessively long construction will block your door.
Choose the Best
In conclusion, I want to say that the properly chosen one-piece toilet may become your favorite seat in the home. Pay attention to the seat height, material, and design, and you’ll enjoy the purchase for a long time. Don’t spare money on the daily routine products, because they define your quality of life. And I’m sure you deserve only the high-quality devices.
I hope you have examined my one piece toilet reviews and found something useful for you. Have you ever tried any brand from the listed above? What is your favorite item? What do you prefer a single-piece or two-piece toilet?